- How is it that automattic can complain about users not knowing the difference between their commercial service, and the open source blogging tool, when they continue to blur and erase the line themselves? and if we assume that it’s not a mistake, and they meant to use their 2nd most popular plugin to advertise wordpress.com in user’s sidebars, wouldn’t that contradict Matt’s whining about PPP and TLA?
- Reverend Ted has novell’s jab at the mac vs. pc ads. Novell continues to distance themselves from other linuxes (linuxi?) by not taking a whiny nerd-boy stab at apple, but actually shifting the discussion. making linux a woman makes apple immediately look sexist. remember the one woman in the mac ads? she was a peripheral(second class citizen much?) and involved in substantial confusion between networks and peripherals (typical of most mac fanboys, in my experience).
- i don’t know what these stats are. or why they keep showing up in my dashboard. they could be my overall stats if the years were different.
- I really like the ideas forum. as much as opensearch and noindex could be theme competencies, they make more sense as wordpress core competencies. i really don’t want to be responsible for correctly addressing introspection.
- this slide is brilliant. yet another reason i love last.fm. i’m not quite sure why that woman has become such a
“receptacle for people’s rage”(the wifest’s words). lettting that sort of slander be a defining characteristic of last.fm’s service was bringing them down.
- i have a twitter page now, but no use for it. other than keeping track of the wordpress.com servers.
- i’m using mr. messina’s filigree graphic everywhere, because it’s so easy to color. i need to find a GPL replacement for it, or draw my own, though. GPL graphics are damn hard to find.
We’re The Best. Just ask us. That’s why we have no respect for budgets.
Seriously, with a plus sign on every single number, will they actually get clients? i mean, i know i’m in the wrong profession for making money, but come on. on that note, there are certain blogs i need to unsubscribe from. they make me too snarky.
according to the latest pagerank chasing idocy, archGFX is a b-list bloglebrity.
this blog is c-list
of course, the c-list on this blog comes from links outside of
#footer, so i can’t expect to hold on to my b-list status. as if that was something worth holding onto.
at least kineda is good at garnering pagerank, if nothing else. (he made it to newsgator’s latest buzz with this one).
Matt’s redesign is stunning. he’s improved clarity while adding information and graphic detailing in every area. Figure-ground relationships are 100% better than the previous version. I can only hope that this wakes up the rest of the ‘web 2.0’ from the minimalist haze that’s buried everyone in gradients and blank white backgrounds.