I kinda gave up on my little angular portfolio project at the end of last year because I couldn’t get the matching portfolio tags & types to go with my portfolio pieces, nor could I retrieve them by those terms. That’s now been fixed, so I’m updating my little project. Honest, I’m not job hunting, boss!
The WordPress.com REST API has always enabled developers to manage categories and tags for the posts on a site. Until now, however, if a site had enabled any custom post types with custom taxonomies, developers were out of luck if they had hoped to manage custom terms using the REST API.
We’re happy to announce that this is no longer the case, with improved support for custom taxonomies. This includes a handful of new endpoints and enhancements to existing endpoints.
Specifically, you can now…
- Retrieve a list of terms for a site
- Retrieve a single term for a site
- Create a new term
- Update an existing term
- Delete a term
- List taxonomies associated with a post type
- Retrieve a post including terms for all public taxonomies
- Create or update a post including terms for any taxonomy
- List posts filtered by a custom taxonomy term (available now for WordPress.com sites and…
View original post 120 more words