after reasonable testing, i’ve now upgraded my main blog. despite all the cool kids in the hackers list saying they never use the rich text editor, i use it all the time. yeah, sure, i can write code, but that doesn’t mean it’s appropriate to write about my weekend in code. so, here’s the list of changes for the upgrade:
ob_gzhandler()hack that fixes my bug, (the same hack as last time didn’t fix it).
- the Jesus hack now takes place in
- the UTW hack. not that i’m dealing with a torrent of moderated comments, but broken is as broken does.
- added a bunch of
.linkcat ulstyles. since my linkcats didn’t used to have
- i deleted all the plugins i’m not using. during the whole disable/re-enable process, i tend to forget which ones i’ve decided are crap. i blame this on installer, which makes it far too easy to install widgets for 3 days, decide they’re worthless, and then move on. it took a while, but it saves time, or something.
- updated alex king’s plugins, which now all have their own hooks, so i had to hack them back out of my theme.
- updated S2C. it was always such a pain, guessing what email people had used to subscribe. i like easy stalking.
- deleted linkslist. hence the sudden existence of ul’s. i’m not going to take down the plugin, since people seem to find it useful(for the same reasons i built it), and the 2.0.x branch isn’t going away. i’m also not going to update it, because
wp_list_bookmarks()does a decent enough job.